- Lessons in Electric Circuits: Volume V - Reference
- Ch 1: Useful Equations and Conversion Factors
- Loc 1.2
Series Circuit Rules
- Components in a series circuit share the same current. Itotal = I1 = I2 = . . . In
- Total resistance in a series circuit is equal to the sum of the individual resistances, making it greater than any of the individual resistances. Rtotal = R1 + R2 + . . . Rn
- Total voltage in a series circuit is equal to the sum of the individual voltage drops. Etotal = E1 + E2 + . . . En
Lessons In Electric Circuits copyright (C) 2000-2020 Tony R. Kuphaldt, under the terms and conditions of the CC BY License.
See the Design Science License (Appendix 3) for details regarding copying and distribution.
Revised July 25, 2007
Get the latest tools and tutorials, fresh from the toaster.